Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Mountain Isn't Coming To Schlake

I started this because I went to to the doctors office about a cyst, and after the blood tests they felt that I didn't have two months. I had more blood tests. My lack of progress has receeded quite a bit. I still feel amazingly better (for instance, I've had a minor couch recently, but I'm not bedridden and deathly ill as in previous years), but my numbers are bad. Something like spontaneous pancreas failure bad. I shall have to work harder, and eat better. Dr. Borchers has chastised me in the past about my love of chocolate chip cookies. I guess, though, that I should never give him the chance to do that again. Last night, instead of going out to eat because I'm lazy, I stayed home and ate cooked greens (though with a bit more bacon and bacon grease than I know I should have) and a soup of beets, beet greens, chicken broth, and egg noodles. Today I'm probably still in deep trouble despite my wonderful meal last night, but at least I have frightening fluorescent orange urine. My breakfast today, rather than a burrito purchased in the Hispanic Food Triangle, I'm eating green leafy vegetables. For lunch I have carrots and a cucumber. Hopefully I can be strong.

1 comment:

  1. Stop worrying about the fat. Seriously. Go to PubMed and look up:

    Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease.

    The additional relative risk of sat fat is pretty damned close to zero- and even lower than "normal" for stroke.

    Look up "Fat of the Land" as the .pdf on the web by Stefansson. More fat, more meat, less carbs, no starch.

    Get healthy, dude.

    ReplyDelete