Friday, March 4, 2011

Death By Frisbee

For weeks now I've been going to Yoga on campus on Monday and Wednesday. Each time I've left it, I've noticed people playing ultimate frisbee. I used to play ultimate frisbee with the campus club. Back in 1982. I don't think I've played since then. With the couch to 5k thing, I've found myself feeling really good. Ultimate frisbee requires running and walking, and some throwing, and it's fun. So I showed up about 17:00 yesterday to see if they were there, and they were. I tossed the disc in a circle with them for a while, then joined a game. Wisely, no one passed to me, but I did try my best to block. I can barely run, so I wasn't effective at blocking either. But it was a hard work out for me, and I enjoyed it a lot.

In the end, it was far more painful than what Brian has me do. I was a little worried I might have hurt myself. My ankle made some weird pops and felt really sore. I strained the inner thigh muscles on my right leg pretty badly. But, it all passed. If it is swollen today, I can't really tell by looking at it.

The group meets Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday at 17:00. I think I'll plan on being there to play on Thursdays. The Mondays and Wednesdays are in between Yoga and Couch, so perhaps I'll just take pictures of them for a little while on those days. They also play on Saturdays at 13:00, but not this Saturday as they will be in a tournament in Las Vegas.

No comments:

Post a Comment