Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hiking Tomorrow

Tomorrow I lift weights, then I go for a hike. Mesa Trail. It might be #13, but I really can't remember. Maybe 13 is the one that comes off to the South and lands up the road a bit?

It's the second nicest trail in Water Canyon. Copper Canyon is definitely the nicest. The trail that cuts around the back side of South Baldy could be really nice, but it's too short, and I consider it part of Copper since it connects up and is often used in conjunction with Copper Canyon.

When I joined Search and Rescue back in the mid 1980s it was Mesa Trail that the litter training was held on. The team put someone in a litter, and then carried that person up the trail to the top. I was thankfully unable to attend that day, and it was apparently the last time they were that hard core about litter training.

I hope and plan to spend more time taking pictures on this hike. It's the one thing I constantly regret on these hikes: too few pictures. And I often take a lot, but there is a huge difference between the wow of being there and the blah of what the camera captures. It always looked so much better in person, and the pictures suck. Practice will help though. I'll get better at taking pictures.

Sunday should be another hike. Probably Mesa Trail again. It's a nice trail.

These hikes should provide me with some major spikes in my pathetic pedometer logs. I made a webpage for my daily step history. pedometer graph

No comments:

Post a Comment