Sunday, July 5, 2009

GPS Woes And Copper Canyon

This morning I clipped my GPS onto my backpack. I put the backpack into my car. I drove to pick someone up, drove to Supermart to buy some trail food, drove to Burger King to buy some breakfast, and drove to Water Canyon. At Water Canyon there was no GPS attached to my backpack. I can't find it in the car, and I can't find it at my house.

We hiked up Copper Canyon for quite a ways. I think it was a good day. But I have no distances, so I don't know for sure. A hiker with an altimeter said we had gained 1200' at our second rest stop. We hiked from the campground, not the trailhead, and we continued past that rest stop, so I'm guessing it was closer to 1600' elevation gained. The only landmark I really know was what appeared to be a fork in the trail. I'll try to find that on a map.

No comments:

Post a Comment