Friday, April 29, 2016

Rain Jackets

My Goretex jacket still fits.  I'd bought a smaller The North Face jacket though, not Goretex, and it doesn't really fit anymore.  Surprisingly, it was just a size large.  I was worried I was too fat to do the good stuff (high end brands) but TNF makes jackets all the way up to XXL in many cases.  I can still zip up the size large, so an XXL should be plenty.  But before I realized how small my jacket is, I'd noticed an online only sale for a Marmot Precip in XXXXL, and the price was good.  Buying a gigantic jacket would leave me open to get ever fatter and still be waterproof!  Realistically, since I knew I was going to REI tomorrow, I had the option to return it and only be out $10.99 for shipping.  And while it looks gigantic, I kind of like the way it fits, and it has pit zips.  I had been thinking I was going to buy a TNF Venture Tall in XL or XXL.  Now I'm not sure I need it.  The online reviews of the Marmot are often dismal because of how quickly it wears out the waterproof lining, but I live in New Mexico where rain honestly isn't much of an issue.

I also have my silnylon waterproof poncho which I really like because of how small and compact it is.  I carry it with my backpack pretty much all the time every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment